Features » July 20, 2017
A New Deal for Wall Street
Trump’s plans for mass privatization are a colossal giveaway to the 1%—and Democrats helped pave the way.
Like what you’ve read? Subscribe to In These Times magazine, or make a tax-deductible donation to fund this reporting.
Rebecca Burns is an In These Times associate editor. Her writing on labor, housing and education has also appeared in Al Jazeera America, The Chicago Reader, Dissent, Jacobin and other outlets. She can be reached at rebecca[at]inthesetimes.com. Follow her on Twitter @rejburns
if you like this, check out:
- How Progressives Can Criticize Trump’s $7 Trillion Deficit Without Preaching Austerity
- “We Won’t Let Him Sleep”: The Dreamers Hounding Chuck Schumer.
- No More Fairy Tales: Why the United States Needs a Whole New Operating System
- Inside the Trump Administration’s Plan to Shrink the NLRB
- “We Have the People”: Bernie Sanders Responds to Trump’s SOTU Speech