Thursday, Aug 31, 2006, 11:40 pm
Munch’s Stolen Paintings “The Scream” and “Madonna” Recovered
BBC News reported yesterday that the two paintings by Edvard Munch were recovered by police.
They had been missing since two armed men ripped them from the wall and threatened staff at the Munch Museum in the Norwegian capital in August 2004.
Three men were found guilty of charges relating to the theft in May.
More by Administrator
- Weekly Mulch: The EPA Can Regulate Carbon, For Now
- Weekly Mulch: Obama Lacks Vision on Energy, Stomach to Defend EPA
- Weekly Mulch: Interior to Lease More Wyoming Coal; Michigan’s Unfinished Oil Spill Clean-Up
- Weekly Mulch: Saying No to the Nuclear Option
- Weekly Diaspora: AZ Lawmakers Try to Ban Undocumented Children from Public School