Friday, Oct 9, 2009, 1:45 pm
From Scandal-navia, a Not-So-Noble Nobel
I guess the next thing is to give Colonel Sanders the Lifetime Vegetarian award.
Pete Karman began working in journalism in 1957 at the awful New York Daily Mirror, where he wrote the first review of Bob Dylan for a New York paper. He lost that job after illegally traveling to Cuba (the rag failed shortly after he got the boot). Karman has reported and edited for various trade and trade union blats and worked as a copywriter. He was happy being a flack for Air France, but not as happy as being an on-and-off In These Times editor and contributor since 1977.
More by Pete Karman
- Dear ITT Ideologist: Whitey Bulger & Rebekah Brooks Fear the Slammer
- Dear ITT Ideologist: NATO’s Nadir, and the FBI’s Rubbish
- Dear ITT Ideologist: Bin Laden’s Neighbor Wants Some Answers
- Dear Ideologist: America’s New War and Americans’ Selective Outrage
- Slavery and Treason, Really? (Happy Anniversary, Civil War)