Monday, Dec 1, 2008, 12:28 pm
Bitter State Department Irony
Power told the Scotsman newspaper that Clinton would stop at nothing to defeat Obama. "She is a monster, too," Power said in the interview. "She is stooping to anything." Power added that "the amount of deceit she has put forward is really unattractive."
I'm sure she and Clinton are looking forward to a collegial relationship. Maybe it's all blood under the bridge, as Obama suggested during this morning's press conference while responding to a question about his campaign-season comments about Clinton's lack of foreign policy expertise:
This is fun for the press to try to stir up whatever quotes were formed over the course of the campaign.
Jeremy Gantz was the Web/Associate Editor of In These Times from 2008 to 2012. His January 2011 cover story for the magazine, "Terrorist by Association," was selected as a finalist for the Molly National Journalism Award 2012. He is now a contributing editor to the magazine, focusing on labor issues.
More by Jeremy Gantz
- Oscar-Winning ‘Saving Face’ Director Says Movement Building to Quell Acid Attacks
- Can Music Festivals Have a Conscience?
- Free Foley: U.S. Journalist (and ITT Contributor) Captured in Libya Still Incommunicado
- Pitchfork Day 3: And Then It Was Over
- Pitchfork Day 2: Headcount’s Uphill Battle to Bring Politics to Live Music