Thursday, Sep 4, 2008, 4:39 pm
5 Questions for John McCain
1. How would you solve your country's health-care crisis, so that nearly 46 million Americans can afford insurance?
2. How would you fix your country's prison crisis, so that America, with just five percent of the world's population, can cease housing the world's largest prison population?
3. How would you work to eliminate poverty in America, which has increased since George W. Bush took office?
4. During the last eight years, only the wealthiest quintile of American households have increased their income. How would you work to increase lower- and middle-class Americans' incomes?
5. How would you lessen Americans' addiction to fossil fuels and address global warming, which the United States has disproportionately caused?
Jeremy Gantz was the Web/Associate Editor of In These Times from 2008 to 2012. His January 2011 cover story for the magazine, "Terrorist by Association," was selected as a finalist for the Molly National Journalism Award 2012. He is now a contributing editor to the magazine, focusing on labor issues.