Tuesday, Aug 26, 2008, 3:09 pm
“This is America! - What are you doing?”
Police said the protesters disrupted traffic, according to this AP story. Hard to say. They do seem to have committed the capital crime of leaving an Orwellian designated protest zone.
Jeremy Gantz was the Web/Associate Editor of In These Times from 2008 to 2012. His January 2011 cover story for the magazine, "Terrorist by Association," was selected as a finalist for the Molly National Journalism Award 2012. He is now a contributing editor to the magazine, focusing on labor issues.
More by Jeremy Gantz
- Oscar-Winning ‘Saving Face’ Director Says Movement Building to Quell Acid Attacks
- Can Music Festivals Have a Conscience?
- Free Foley: U.S. Journalist (and ITT Contributor) Captured in Libya Still Incommunicado
- Pitchfork Day 3: And Then It Was Over
- Pitchfork Day 2: Headcount’s Uphill Battle to Bring Politics to Live Music