Wednesday, Mar 28, 2007, 3:04 pm
White House Okayed Lie to Congress by Attorney General’s Chief of Staff
Paul Kiel at TPM Muckraker reports on emails exchanged between Kyle Sampson, Alberto Gonzales' now-ex chief of staff, and Christopher Oprison, associate counsel to the President.
And the new document dump shows that the response came from none other than Chris Oprison. In this February 23rd email from Sampson to Oprison, Sampson explicitly acknowledges Oprison's sign off (on the White House Counsel's Behalf) on the false statements contained in the letter.
More by Administrator
- Weekly Mulch: The EPA Can Regulate Carbon, For Now
- Weekly Mulch: Obama Lacks Vision on Energy, Stomach to Defend EPA
- Weekly Mulch: Interior to Lease More Wyoming Coal; Michigan’s Unfinished Oil Spill Clean-Up
- Weekly Mulch: Saying No to the Nuclear Option
- Weekly Diaspora: AZ Lawmakers Try to Ban Undocumented Children from Public School