Tuesday, Mar 20, 2007, 7:55 pm
The Ghost of Rose Mary Woods?
Mike Allen and John Bresnahan for The Politico report:
In DOJ documents that were publicly posted by the House Judiciary Committee, there is a gap from mid-November to early December in e-mails and other memos, which was a critical period as the White House and Justice Department reviewed, then approved, which U.S. attorneys would be fired while also developing a political and communications strategy for countering any fallout from the firings.Rose Mary Woods, Richard Nixon's secretary, was responsible for "inadvertently" on purpose erasing segments from one of Nixon's White House audio tapes, which resulted in the infamous 18 1/2 minute gap discovered when the tape was turned over to Watergate investigators.
More by Administrator
- Weekly Mulch: The EPA Can Regulate Carbon, For Now
- Weekly Mulch: Obama Lacks Vision on Energy, Stomach to Defend EPA
- Weekly Mulch: Interior to Lease More Wyoming Coal; Michigan’s Unfinished Oil Spill Clean-Up
- Weekly Mulch: Saying No to the Nuclear Option
- Weekly Diaspora: AZ Lawmakers Try to Ban Undocumented Children from Public School