Tuesday, Dec 5, 2006, 11:56 pm
Navy Times Editorial Condemns “Don’t Ask Don’t Tell” As Failed Policy
HuffPo has posted an excerpt from an editorial in the December 11, 2006 edition of the Navy Times, written by Glenn A. LeCarl, a member of Naval Academy Alumni Association.
That DADT is a failed policy, and an untenable one as well, is reflected in the Defense Department's ongoing struggle to meet recruitment goals. In this time of war, the absurdity of discharging otherwise qualified military personnel, including those in critical fields, solely because of their LGBT identity, and discouraging thousands of others from seeking military service, is plain. Moreover, any official policy predicated on one group's inequality will not stand.
More by Administrator
- Weekly Mulch: The EPA Can Regulate Carbon, For Now
- Weekly Mulch: Obama Lacks Vision on Energy, Stomach to Defend EPA
- Weekly Mulch: Interior to Lease More Wyoming Coal; Michigan’s Unfinished Oil Spill Clean-Up
- Weekly Mulch: Saying No to the Nuclear Option
- Weekly Diaspora: AZ Lawmakers Try to Ban Undocumented Children from Public School