Monday, Dec 4, 2006, 1:03 am
Bush Facing GOP Mutiny on Iraq?
Novakula sez: "Increasingly, Republicans on Capitol Hill see no viable alternative to combat troop withdrawal."
This undercurrent of GOP protest roared to the surface with the party's election debacle Nov. 7. At the Republican grass roots, there is no question that Iraq lost the election. State officials and party leaders who are no specialists on foreign policy tell me the Republican Party simply cannot go into the 2008 campaign with troops still fighting in Iraq.Veto-proof majorities for legislation can be one means of securing desired executive branch behavior.
More by Administrator
- Weekly Mulch: The EPA Can Regulate Carbon, For Now
- Weekly Mulch: Obama Lacks Vision on Energy, Stomach to Defend EPA
- Weekly Mulch: Interior to Lease More Wyoming Coal; Michigan’s Unfinished Oil Spill Clean-Up
- Weekly Mulch: Saying No to the Nuclear Option
- Weekly Diaspora: AZ Lawmakers Try to Ban Undocumented Children from Public School