Features » May 5, 2014
Mad Men, Season 7, Episode 4: A Grave New World
The men of SC&P freak out over the arrival of a newfangled computer, but miss the real transformation underway.
Even for a show with a long track record of unsubtle symbolism and heavy-handed foreshadowing, last night’s episode of Mad Men featured some truly, gleefully over-the-top symbologizing.
Sady Doyle is an In These Times Staff Writer. She also contributes regularly to Rookie Magazine, and was the founder of the blog Tiger Beatdown. She's the winner of the first Women's Media Center Social Media Award. She's interested in women in pop culture, women creating pop culture, reproductive rights, and women's relationship to the Internet and the Left. You can follow her on Twitter at @sadydoyle, or e-mail her at sady
if you like this, check out:
- Selling Off New Orleans: Gentrification and the Loss of Community 10 Years After Katrina
- ‘The Wire’ Humanized Urban Black People. In ‘Show Me a Hero,’ David Simon Humanizes White Racists.
- The New Anthems of Resistance: Hip-Hop and Black Lives Matter
- The Real War on Families: Why the U.S. Needs Paid Leave Now
- Feticide Laws Are Disproportionately Used Against Women of Color
Read this next
Selling Off New Orleans: Gentrification and the Loss of Community 10 Years After Katrina