Features » September 22, 2014
From Watts to Ferguson (cont’d)
Rick Perlstein, an In These Times contributing editor, is the author of The Invisible Bridge: The Fall of Nixon and the Rise of Reagan (2014), Nixonland: The Rise of a President and the Fracturing of America (2008), a New York Times bestseller picked as one of the best nonfiction books of the year by over a dozen publications, and Before the Storm: Barry Goldwater and the Unmaking of the American Consensus, winner of the 2001 Los Angeles Times Book Award for history. His book Reaganland is forthcoming from Simon and Schuster in August.
if you like this, check out:
- Amid Minneapolis Uprising, Anti-War Veterans Call On National Guard to Stand Down
- What the Media Gets Wrong About Antifa
- How Police Unions Pushed Trump to Greenlight More Military Gear for Cops
- The Wealthy Bosses and Right-Wing Ideologues Behind the Rush to “Reopen”
- Yes, Unemployment Insurance and Welfare Encourage People to Quit Lousy Jobs. That’s the Point.