Features » July 20, 2017
A New Deal for Wall Street
Trump’s plans for mass privatization are a colossal giveaway to the 1%—and Democrats helped pave the way.
Support Progressive Journalism
Donations from readers like you make up a full third of our annual income—that's how critical our end-of-year fundraising drives are. If you want to continue to read independent, progressive journalism in 2019 and beyond, we hope you'll consider chipping in whatever you can today.
For a limited time, anyone who makes a donation of $5 or more to In These Times will get a free copy of Verso's best-selling 2019 Radical Diary and Weekly Planner.
Rebecca Burns is an award-winning investigative reporter whose work has appeared in The Baffler, the Chicago Reader, The Intercept and other outlets. She is a contributing editor at In These Times. Follow her on Twitter @rejburns.
if you like this, check out:
- The Democrats Need a Clear Economic Vision. Here’s Where to Start.
- The Troubling Link Between Attacks on Immigrants and Repression of Labor Activists
- How Graduate Unions Are Winning—and Scaring the Hell out of Bosses—in the Trump Era
- Witness: I Am On the Refugee Caravan and Saw the Tear Gas Attack. Here Are Our Demands.
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s Push for a Green New Deal Is Not Just Good Policy—It’s Political Genius