Features » July 20, 2017
A New Deal for Wall Street
Trump’s plans for mass privatization are a colossal giveaway to the 1%—and Democrats helped pave the way.
If there was ever a moment to invest in independent, progressive journalism, this is it. Don't miss your chance to be part of the new In These Times.
Rebecca Burns is an In These Times associate editor. Her writing on labor, housing and education has also appeared in Al Jazeera America, The Chicago Reader, Dissent, Jacobin and other outlets. She can be reached at rebecca[at]inthesetimes.com. Follow her on Twitter @rejburns
if you like this, check out:
- Don’t Coddle Liberal Politicians Like Kamala Harris—History Shows They Should Be Pressured
- Renegotiating NAFTA Is Putting Lipstick on a Pig
- NAFTA Redux Looks a Lot Like TPP: Family Farm Groups in All 3 Countries Slam Secret Trade Talks
- Why Defending Workers’ Rights Means Fighting ICE’s Deportation Machine
- Meet Randall Woodfin, the Mayoral Challenger Bringing the Political Revolution to Birmingham