We wanted to make sure you didn't miss the announcement of our new Sustainer program. Once you've finished reading, take a moment to check out the new program, as well as all the benefits of becoming a Sustainer.
In this special episode of Working People, we chat with world-renowned economist Richard D. Wolff about how the COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated changes to the terrain of work, how we define “working class,” and what we need to do to build a broad, diverse, and strong working-class politics in the 21st century.
Additional links/info below…
- Join our Working People listener hang session on Monday, August 16, from 8 – 9:30pm ET! Here’s the zoom link
- Professor Wolff’s website, Facebook page, and Twitter page
- Democracy @ Work’s website, YouTube channel, Facebook page, and Twitter page
- Richard D. Wolff, Democracy at Work, The Sickness is the System: When Capitalism Fails to Save Us from Pandemics or Itself
- Maximillian Alvarez, The Real News Network, “Richard Wolff: Capitalism is holding ‘all of us hostage’ ”
Permanent links below…
- Working People Patreon page
- Leave us a voicemail and we might play it on the show!
- Labor Radio / Podcast Network website, Facebook page, and Twitter page
- In These Times website, Facebook page, and Twitter page
- The Real News Network website, YouTube channel, podcast feeds, Facebook page, and Twitter page
Featured Music (all songs sourced from the Free Music Archive: freemusicarchive.org)
- Jules Taylor, “Working People Theme Song”
- Elder Flower, “Capital Letters”
We surveyed thousands of readers and asked what they would like to see in a monthly giving program. Many of you expressed interest in magazine subscriptions, gift subscriptions, tote bags, events and books —and we’ve added all of those. Some of you said that cost was an issue, so we’ve kept our starting tier at just $5 a month—less than 17 cents a day.
Now, for the first time, we're offering three different levels of support, with unique rewards at each level, for you to choose from. Check out the new Sustainer program.
Maximillian Alvarez is editor-in-chief at the Real News Network and host of the podcast Working People, available at InTheseTimes.com. He is also the author of The Work of Living: Working People Talk About Their Lives and the Year the World Broke.