Amazon Keeps Firing Union Organizers (w/ Matt Littrell)
Matt Littrell has worked as a picker at the Amazon warehouse in Campbellsville, Kentucky, for the past year and a half. He's also been one of the lead organizers and the public face of a growing push to unionize Amazon facilities in Kentucky. In retaliation for his organizing, Littrell says that Amazon management has been watching him like a hawk and finding reasons to write him up—and last week, the company finally fired him for "performance" issues. In this urgent mini-cast, we speak with Littrell about working and organizing at Amazon, the company's continued union busting, and about what folks around the country can do to support him and Amazon workers everywhere.
Additional links/info below...
- Matt's Twitter page
- Survival Fund for Fired Amazon Worker-Organizer Matt Littrell
- Eli M. Rosenberg, NBC News, "Fired Amazon Union Organizer at Kentucky Warehouse Alleges Retaliation"
- Caroline O'Donovan, The Washington Post, "Amazon Calls Cops, Fires Workers in Attempts to Stop Unionization Nationwide"
Permanent links below...
- Working People Patreon page
- Leave us a voicemail and we might play it on the show!
- Labor Radio / Podcast Network website, Facebook page, and Twitter page
- In These Times website, Facebook page, and Twitter page
- The Real News Network website, YouTube channel, podcast feeds, Facebook page, and Twitter page
Featured Music (all songs sourced from the Free Music Archive: freemusicarchive.org)
- Jules Taylor, "Working People Theme Song