Ana Jakopič is a lawyer, organizer, and trade union leader in Slovenia. We talk to Ana about the different kinds of workers she organizes with on a daily basis, the struggles working people across Slovenia are facing, and how connected/disconnected those struggles currently feel to the strikes taking place in Europe and beyond. But we also talk about Ana's life and her winding path into the labor movement; we talk about growing up in the post-Yugoslavian world, and about the impacts the Russo-Ukrainian War is having on Slovenians' lives today.
Additional links/info below...
- Ana's Twitter page
- Maximillian Alvarez, Breaking Points, "'We Need ESCALATION': More STRIKES Coming In UK And France"
- The Real News Network, Workers of the World (series)
- AFP, "Thousands of Nurses Strike over Wages and Poor Working Conditions in Slovenia"
- People's Health Dispatch, "Health Workers in Slovenia Go on Strike"
Permanent links below...
- Working People Patreon page
- Leave us a voicemail and we might play it on the show!
- Labor Radio / Podcast Network website, Facebook page, and Twitter page
- In These Times website, Facebook page, and Twitter page
- The Real News Network website, YouTube channel, podcast feeds, Facebook page, and Twitter page
Featured Music (all songs sourced from the Free Music Archive: freemusicarchive.org)
- Jules Taylor, "Working People" Theme Song